Follow Kitcheners ® Kitchens
| Sicilian fish steaks | Salad of sardines | Casserole lamb chops | Canadian fish and mussel | 20Min lamb stew baby vegies | Chicken Chasseur | 2-minute lamb cutlets | Risotto parmesan and peas | Platter of Australian seafood | House salad Cobb dressing | Barbecued baby fish | Caramelised pear pie | AF Chicken sweet chilli sauce | Baby snapper w/Italian salsa | A salad from Morocco | Asian duck slaw | BBQ chicken w/olive salsa | BBQ lamb patties Tzatziki | Big Tex's baby back ribs | Crostini alla Toscana |
SICILIAN FISH STEAKS
- 4 fish steaks, eg. salmon, tuna
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, very finely sliced
- 1-2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ punnet large cherry tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 tbsp rinsed capers
- 1-1½ cups fish or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp each chopped fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley & basil
- Just seal the seasoned fish on both sides in a thin layer of hot oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Remove.
- Turn the heat down, add the onion and garlic to the pan, and gently sauté until lightly coloured, regularly stirring.
- Then add the tomatoes, raisins, pine nuts and capers. Stir and briefly cook.
- Pour in about ½ cup stock, stir and cook down until the tomatoes collapse a bit.
- Then return the fish to the pan, baste with the sauce and cook for about 3-4 mins to the desired degree, adding more stock if needed. Remove the fish.
- Taste the sauce for seasoning and stir through the fresh herbs with more stock if needed.
- Serve the fish with plenty of the sauce spooned over the top.
© Iain Hewitson